Sunday, December 18, 2016

Winter Solstice Greetings

 My top painting, Chinese New Year, has sold! Yeah.
My art work is now being represented by Fountainhead Gallery on Queen Anne hill in Seattle. My introduction to the gallery was facilitated by Leah and Laura Early. Acceptance into the gallery has happily provided opportunities for more frequent visits with colleagues in the area. You can find a few of my paintings on the gallery's website. I will be adding more to their site in 2017.

My first big show at Fountainhead will be Pilgrimage in June 2017. Since Pilgrimage has traveled throughout Oregon, Idaho, and California I am now ready to sell the paintings. Women's advancement has been my lifelong passion. Thus a percentage of proceeds from the show will go to Central Asia Institute, an organization that for twenty years has been pioneering education for girls in this mountainous and once remote region. 

I recently had the opportunity to attend the opening of the gallery's holiday show in which I have two paintings.The show's title, The Poetic Heart, offered me an opportunity to write a poem for my two paintings: Chinese New Year and Sunshine and Shade. Because the poem reflects my feelings around Winter Solstice, I share it with you as my holiday greetings. 

Nature’s Eternal Rhythms
By LiDoña Wagner

Deep in damp winter earth,
Lies a seed of hope, dormant, resting …
Absorbing rain and snow,
Slowly gathering strength,
Patiently awaiting sun’s warmth,
Praying for miraculous rebirth.

When darkness reaches fullness,
Nature’s balanced rhythms shift.
Light’s return is announced with beating drums,
Bursting firecrackers, vigorous lion dances.
Enough, we shout. Enough of lethargy!
Get on with it!

Gentle golden rays return,
Pushing back cold and shade,
Gracing earth’s hidden treasures,
Sloughing off dead cells,
Nudging hope to spring forth.
Awake. Energized. Alive!

May your 2017 be filled with opportunities for personal growth, local activism, and compassion for our planet and her peoples.

Photo by Sheela Westre

3 comments:

mudvillejoys said...

Congratulations on your new relationship with Fountainhead Gallery. Best wishes for 2017. It is going to be a challenge for all of us. Terry

Ann said...

Congratulations, on the sale of what looks like a beautiful painting and for being included in a new gallery for exhibits.

Let us know how to purchase your Pilgrimage paintings when they become available. Ann

Diane said...

Greetings from the equally cold East Coast! So happy to hear of your Fountainhead Gallery relationship and the sales! Where can we look at what you have for sale online? I still have my one Lidona Wagner watercolor in my home office...always makes me smile when I think of you! Another would be a great addition to my little home.

Best wishes for your continued leadership into the new year..we need your example more than ever.

Oh, did I remember to say give The Ove book another chance? I think you missed the point.

Much love, Diane