Thursday, February 16, 2023

Modigliani Nude

 It's in the reach of my arms

The span of my hips,

The stride of my step,

The curl of my lips.

I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me.

(Excerpt from Maya Angelou’s poem, “Phenomenal Woman”)


Modigliani Nude Gale Goldman 2023


She poses peacefully, and she is phenomenal. 


She embraces her vulnerability

 with the courage to be seen, naked and strong. 


She knows she’s worthy of love and connection. 


I dedicate my latest painting,

 an interpretation of Modigliani’s “Female Nude”

to phenomenal women everywhere. 

 

 www.goldwomanfineart.com 

Gale Goldman

1 comment:

Terry Bergdall said...

I was successful in borrowing a copy of "TRANSCENDENCE" today from the Chicago Public Library. Now I especially look forward to reading the chapter on story telling.